Thursday 27 May, 2010

Suzlon Xp

So, today is my last day in Suzlon Energy limited. It is said, that I should feel something about it. I don’t feel anything. Actually, it’s more, that I don’t believe in it. May be I will recognize it today, during farewell event, may be tomorrow in the morning. Not now… but somehow deep in my soul I feel that I have some invisible chords, which are connecting me with this people and this place. So I want to write about some moments. Let’s see, what comes to my memory for these 9 months.



Definitely it will be first day. Going in the rickshaw to KP to some unknown place. It’s here. 5th floor (later I will like to go by stairs, not by lift, what will irritate Edu a bit and Michal will call it ‘stamina’. Yeah, guys?). First person who we meet, was Hemangini, she became our guide in the world of Suzlon for initial period of time. I remember it clearly, as if it was yesterday – excursion around 2nd and 5th floor, meeting commodore for the first time, our sitting places and get to know members of Suzlon team. (I didn’t remember any name for the first time, they were so different for me).

E- induction and first meeting with team members. For me it was Swati mam. Wow, I remember the feeling: it was total excitement. When you get, what you really want and you work on it, when you see your future impact and believe in it. I’m very passionate about training, so developing ‘content for coaching for performance’ was really cool thing to do.

First workshop facilitated by Sandip. That time I didn’t know that in 2 weeks I will co-facilitate it. And it was my first co-facilitation experience here, which gave motivation for long time ahead.

Presentation about countries. Haha, I thought my English was good; it was my assumption about it. Now I understand that it was not understandable for most of the people, who were sitting there. But the video was nice. And it saved me.

One Earth excursion. I was impressed by it. It was the most beautiful office complex, which I have ever seen in my life. And even now I’m very proud of it!

Shifting to One Earth. Lekshmy. Our story started quite funny. My side – I started to get interesting spam mails from somebody called Lekshmy U, for that time, my orientation in genders was quite poor, so I was just looking around and trying to understand, whom I’m replying. Then everything started with sweets. Lekshmy side – she thought I have too much attitude.(I should think about it) but everything changed with the sweets. Then were a lot of episodes and stories, which are not directly related to Suzlon (not all of them) but which are cool to remember. Time flushes, yeah Lekshmy? )

Remember first time, when I entered library. I felt in love with it from the first second. So many cool books, in English – in that moment I understood, dreams are really coming true. I spent a hell of hours in this book heaven, especially in one earth, when it was expanded to a great extend. Thanks Madhavi for being with me in this journey. You made it unforgettable)))

Lunches in cafeteria. Edu, who was dreaming about something all the time, and Michal, who was trying to love spicy Indian food and learn how to eat with his hands only. In the end, even I have learned how to do it.

Lonavla trip with Shyam Raj. We heard a lot about this place before going) it was actually quite nice, but as for me – very overpromoted(the same as Mahabeleshwar). In any case, we had really good time with this people.

Dinner in commodore’s house. It was very interesting event, when you get an opportunity to talk to your senior in non-formal situation and get to know more. And delicious dinner, prepared by the second half couldn’t leave any of us indifferent.



That’s true, when you write, preferably positive moments come to your mind. It doesn’t mean that there were no moments, when I was tired, disappointed or frustrated. They were, first of all, we’re human beings. But you choose what to remember. Either to feed your mind with negatives, which are not going to make somebody happier, or to choose another path. I prefer second option – I want to remember the best moments of my experience.



Every day was bringing some learning. How to work in a team, communicate with your boss, be proactive. Thank you Abinash sir for the lessons I got from you for the entire xp, even if sometimes I got the lessons much later then it should be. In any case in the end of the day, one should understand that you’ve learned something. And this is about me: for the entire 9 months I was learning something day by day.



Session about learning objectives. When saw the book about LO for the first time and got to know that I need to make review and presentation in one week, I was shocked. But then, reading it and thinking about each chapter I understood the importance of subject and it start to interest me a lot. Session was nice, and I got the feedback that in 3 months my English became much better, at least people were able to follow up me without big difficulties and problems.

Actually language was one of the main challenges of the xp. First of all – lack of practice in Ukraine, lack of public speaking in it. Now my parents tell me, that my Russian have changed.



First assessment. ’Communication skills’ I was really passionate about this workshop. When you revise it and put a lot of efforts, it becomes part of you to some extent. So it was feeling of excitement, confidence and a bit of fear. Passed, I can deliver it as a co-facilitator. Yeah! I was eager to jump))



Customer satisfaction feedback survey. My biggest challenge here. challenge, which taught me how to be proactive, how to go till the end, how think a bit further, then it seems to be. Thanks God for this challenge. Now I can definitely say it could be done better, I will take this learnings ahead for my future assignments.



Assessment and co-facilitation of ‘Goal - setting’. Learning form subject matter experts is always cool, that was about this workshop. And it also took a lot of efforts in reading and preparation, looking from the participants perspective – what will be interesting for them.

That’s why I was waiting feedback so much. You know, it’s like your kid, you put a lot of efforts in it and you want so much to see the great result. And then you feel so happy about it. Even now I remember the moments of this workshop and they make me feel very –very good.



Lot’s of events, which also brought such kind of feelings. Realization of ‘GLD marketing’, ‘Facilitation skills’, ‘E - induction’. I just want to remember all the good feelings, which connect me to each of these projects.



International women’s day. Women of the company, showing their talents – we have so many talented ones! And even I was reading some poem there)) p.s. got a prize)



Excursions around the wind gallery. I like this place a lot and think everybody should go there. Each slide is a masterpiece.



One earth day and our visit with Utkarsh, Shrish and Puriya here. Crashing the bike on the first day of driving in the parking lot, ‘Proud to be a suzlonian’ wall, ‘Creativity wall’, talks to Madhavi and hours in libratry, time spend with Swati , her Excel workshop, engineering trainees and visit to Satara site, my further communication with each of them, quite good communication with guardians and office boys, whose level of English is the same as my level of hindi, Lekshmy(as mentioned above- separate page of different cases)), meeting Tulsi Tanti, actually occasionally get to know some senior people from the company, morning mails to and from my friends, people, who became my friends here – so many good things happened.



In the end, I would like to thank God for this unique experience. And I know that there will be something new and more exciting in the future.

1 comment:

  1. congrats :) and i'm glad that you found the whole experience good.

    ReplyDelete