Wednesday 29 December, 2010

bit of moments and memories

Welcome to the end of the 2010. I ask myself : 'What do I remember about this year?' By the way it is the Year of the Tiger by Zodiac .I was also born in the year of the tiger, so it's considered to be my year to some extend. Let's have a short walk back in time and history. Basically, everything in my memory is associated with people or places, or with both. Work is a separate big topic that somehow has already been reflected in previous posts.

January:
Celebrating New Year 2010 in Indian style. Interesting party, but quite different than i've been used to. Presence of close friends makes it really cool. My first trip to Mumbai. Searching for adventure till 6 am and have an excellent tour the next morning. Visiting famous forts around Pune.Lots of travelling during the weekend. New and old people in the Cycle Society apartment. Meeting Martin, Wenru and others.

February:
I got the driver's license and rented a scooter. I can even remember the date - 7th of February. I remember how I was driving home in 1a.m. with Davy behind me for the first time. We were constantly thanking God for the fact that there were no other cars on the road. And the next day I embedded in a parking lot, after I successfully passed the challenging Solapur road. The book "0 limits". Kolhapur and museum of wax figures. Delhi - Agra - Delhi. I was spending a lot of time in Martin's and Utkarsh's company. Edu, another intern from Suzlon, left back to Brazil. I became the only one foreign trainee in GLD. Chinese, many-many Chinese people in our apartment. We had very funny and cool time all together.
March:
Everything began with the celebration of Holi in Goa with me, Martin and Utkarsh. I think this was a turning point in the relatioships in our trinity. Many many trips to different locations: Mulshi, then the temple ruins in Hampi. Back in Pune we play basketball and badminton almost every night. Arrival of Milosz and Andre in CS.

April:
More memorable for the process of search for new internships and delivering trainings in Suzlon. What has been successful on both sides. Traveling was mostly within the city and suburbs. Yes, and I started to collect money to repair the camera and for trip to home. All this time we were "Cycle Society family", as Cesar used to called our apartment.  It was interesting due to having 5 guys and me there)

May:
I remember the departure of many good friends. Davi, Martin, in particular. It was very unusual without them. But as time goes by, we should remind ourselves that we are guests in this world, and it makes sense to let it go. Not only about the people and relationships, but also about any other things.

June:
Started at the new workplace, which brings a lot of joy. Preparations for the trip home were going for the entire time. Was spending time in  FRO in order to get Visa, that have left it's impression on me. The arrival of the first Kazakh trainees - Ira and Petya. Wow! The Russian mafia in the trainee apartment. 3rd level and 26 hours in the train to Delhi. 2 days with parents of Utkarsh. The plane back home. All of these memories are followed by 3 weeks of positive emotions and cultural shocks, which you can easily get after 9 months of being far from home.

July:
I fly back to India. Also 'back home'. Because 'home' is where the close people are. Now we live together with Utkarsh, separately from the other trainees. Our 'huge' room, my suitcase in the role of the wardrobe and a single bed. Well, who pays attention to such minor things? The main thing is that we're here and we're together . Arrival of Aika and Zhanna, again many Chinese people. Trip to Lohagard fort and  driving in the rainy season. Favorite job.

August:
We have moved. We have our own flat, though it's a rented one and 'who knows' where, but it's our own one! 4 days in Goa under the rain. I can 100% say that this place is beautiful at any time of year. During the rains it gathers all the energy of nature and pleases your eye with waterfalls and perfect greenery. New gym. Sad that friends are leaving again, during that month about 10 people went back to their countries.
September:
I already know how to cook something from the Indian cuisine. It turns out delicious, and most importantly - without the excess of fat and frying. Courses of  tae-bo, new people in CS apartment.Met 2 interesting people on the internet. Delivering the training at the workplace.1 year as i'm in India, time goes by so fast.

October:
Visit of Utkarsh's family for 2 weeks. Trip to Goa with them. Challenging and interesting. Updating the Indian wardrobe.Making great dumplings with Lyuda and Chris. Arrival of Vasey for a one day visit. Departures to home of other friends.

November:
Great, a lot of trips on bicycles (This hobby takes a big piece of my soul). 2 weeks in Delhi. Informative. Books and constant study of Hindi (funny, since November I have spend very little time on it). Developing friendly relations, and I am very happy about it.

December:
Lived in the friends' place and watched the dogs for about 2 weeks. Realized that I love dogs, but i'm too lazy to take care of them every day. Revival of  'Mafia'. My 24th birthday. Catholic Christmas (the first one for us together). And then there still are a couple more days to enjoy this year.


It is believed that the year of your animal should bring you luck. I completely agree with this, because the number of events that were worth of attention was just endless. Sometimes it was obvious what are they given for, sometimes I've understood the consequences through time. In any case, I am grateful to this year, of Tiger and to all those people who have been in my life during it.

No comments:

Post a Comment